segunda-feira, 25 de fevereiro de 2013

Feeding my dreams by Adriana Peliano




A bookshelf is a labyrinth, full of paths and mysterious portals. Every time we open a book, it changes. As do we. Hunting new Alices is an endless adventure and a perpetual mix of pleasure and anguish. It makes real my desire to recreate myself.

Every page in every Alice book is a door into a paradoxical cartography. But when we open the last page, it remains open forever. There are no boundaries between the inside and the outside of Alice books. And the illustrations never merely complement the texts: instead, they make us create new stories of our own.

So in each book, for each reader, new Alices are born all the time. I believe that during the night hundreds of Alices come out of my books to participate in strange and secret rituals in a wood where things have no names. Sometimes I sleep among my Alice books, so that they can feed my dreams.

My book and objects collection is sweet and small, but my virtual collection is huge and is growing almost everyday. One blog is also an internet collection. Why not? what happened with the practice of book collecting on internet age?


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário