segunda-feira, 25 de fevereiro de 2013

Hunting Alice


Hunting new Alices for me is an endless adventure. Desire and obsession. One Alice after another put in action my need to recreate myself and see the same always different.

Each page in each book is a door in a paradoxical cartography. When we arrive at the end, we cross the last page that remains forever open. The inside and the outside of Alice books are mingled.

A bookshelf is a labyrinth, full of mysterious paths. Everytime we open them, the books changes. I'm sure that during the night hunderds of Alices come out of the books to participate in strange and secret rituals in a wood where things have no names. Am I the one to visit the books at night?

Illustrations never fit in the texts, instead, make us create new stories. Each book, multiple Alices, new Alices are born all the time. Sometimes I sleep over my Alice books, expecting them to feed my wonder dreams.

Adriana Peliano




Alice chapters trough my collection



1. Down the Rabbit Hole


De loss Mc Graw


2. The Pool of Tears


Marina Peliano


3. A Caucus-Race and a Long Tale


Lewis Carroll


4. The Rabbit Sends in a Little Bill


Camille Rose


5. Advice from a Caterpillar


Jan Svankmajer


6. Pig and Pepper


Alain Gauthier


7. A Mad Tea-Party


Nicole Claveloux


8. The Queen's Croquet-Ground


Trevor Brown


9. The Mock Turtle's Story


Jonathan Miller


10. The Lobster Quadrille


Anthony Browne


11. Who Stole the Tarts?


John Tenniel


12. Alice's Evidence

Luiz Zerbini


Um comentário: